At Oasis Dental Studio, we want you to be confident and comfortable in your own skin! This is why we offer a number of safe and effective skin treatments at our Gold Coast dental clinics, which can help enhance your facial features to help you feel like the best version of yourself.
Chemical peels are designed to remove the dry, dull top layers of the skin by applying a solution for a specific period of time to cause a controlled partial thickness injury to the skin’s surface. The body’s natural wound healing processes then regenerate the old layers of skin, with the new skin being enhanced, healthier and more youthful.
What Skin Conditions are Chemical Peels Used to Treat?
Chemical peels are an effective treatment for many patients to treat a number of skin conditions, including:
- Fine Lines (Forehead lines, Frown Lines, Crow’s Feet)
- Aging Skin
- Pigmentation (Uneven Skin Tone/Patchy Skin)
- Clogged/Congested Skin
- Dry Skin
How Do Chemical Peels Work?
Chemical peels accelerate the shedding of old skin and regeneration of fresh, new skin using a process of controlled skin wounding, in the following three steps:
- Resurfacing the stratum corneum, the outermost layer of the epidermis (top layer of skin), stimulates epidermal growth. This then causes the epidermis to thicken.
- This causes necrosis (cell death) within the tissue, which stimulates normal wound healing and replacement with new, healthy skin.
- Deeper peels cause the production of collagen and ground substance within the dermis (middle layer of skin) due to the inflammatory response to wounding the layers within it.
Chemical peels increase the amount of Glycosaminoglycans or GAGs (carbohydrates that help with the maintenance and support of collagen and elastin) within the skin, thicken the epidermis, and stimulate collagen remodelling.
The intention is to cause the least amount of damage while still stimulating as much new tissue regeneration as possible. This is usually best achieved with repeated superficial/medium depth peels as opposed to deep peels.
If you’re looking for an experienced provider of chemical peels on the Gold Coast, contact Oasis Dental Studio today to find out more about our Broadbeach chemical peel treatment and to make an appointment.