We are now operating at Level 1 restrictions, and can provide all treatments to patients who do not meet Coronavirus risk factors.
Don’t Be the Fool this April Fools’ Day
The silliest celebration of the year, April Fools’ Day is fast approaching. A light-hearted day for practical jokes and hoaxes to be played on friends and family, you’ll either end up the boastful joker or their lowly victim.
If you’ve never tricked someone before, this April Fools’ Day is the perfect day to give it a go. These dental pranks are harmless, safe and sure to get a laugh – even if it’s just you who’s laughing.
Disclaimer: Not everyone is a fan of practical jokes. While these dental pranks are simply goofy fun, proceed with caution. Your victim may wish to seek revenge.
The Toothpaste Prank
Have a roommate who always steals your toothpaste? This prank is sure to teach them to buy their own. All you need is access to the toothpaste they use.
- Squeeze approximately half of the toothpaste out of the tube and dispose of it.
- Refill with the tube with a liquid of your choice – we recommend apple juice. A syringe pump or icing pipe will make this step easier if you have one handy.
- Smear a little toothpaste on the tip of the tube so it looks ordinary.
Once you’ve put the toothpaste back in its original spot, wait for the next time your victim goes to brush their teeth and watch their surprise as an unexpected liquid seeps onto their brush.
Colour Their Smile
Your significant other won’t suspect a thing on April Fools’ Day if you’ve never tricked them before. This comical dental prank will get your partner good – just maybe don’t do it if they’re racing to get ready for something.
- Place a few drops of food colouring on their toothbrush (it’s most effective if the food dye is the same colour as the brush’s bristles. Alternatively, you can put the drops on the tip of the toothpaste).
When your victim adds water and begins to brush, their lips and teeth will start to turn the colour of the food dye. Quite a shock to see in the mirror! Of course, normal colour will return after a few brushes and some mouthwash.
The Explosive Coke and Mentos Duo
What’s commonly known as a science experiment for kids doubles as a hilarious prank to try on your friends. Be warned – it does get messy. You’ll need:
- Coca-Cola bottle
- Mint Mentos
- Dental floss
- Remove the cap off the coke.
- Cut a lengthy amount of dental floss and tie it carefully around a Mentos.
- Open the Coke bottle and carefully place the Mentos in the cap without letting it fall into the Coke.
- Screw the lid back on. The dental string should be holding the Mentos in place.
- Cut off the excess string.
When you innocently hand your victim the soft drink and they open it, the Mentos will fall into the Coke and explode in a fizzy volcano over them. Make sure you’re not standing within firing range!
These dental pranks are guaranteed a good time this April Fools’ Day. Though it might mean you spend next year’s looking over your shoulder for retaliation.