We are now operating at Level 1 restrictions, and can provide all treatments to patients who do not meet Coronavirus risk factors.
What do you know about Porcelain Veneers?
Living long and prosperous lives with expendable income is quickly becoming a reality for many. The prospect of looking as young and as beautiful on the outside as you feel on the inside can now be achieved with a set of flawless porcelain veneers.
It’s no secret! With a few smart moves and a bit of hard work, it has become as simple as a few selfies or a 6 second video to make a name for yourself. Social media, blogging and other avenues have created the ultimate way to voice your opinion or show off your style but, without that beautiful smile, the dream may still be a little out of reach.
Here at Oasis Dental Studio in Broadbeach, understand that every patient deserves a uniquely designed and flawless set of pearly whites. The following article addresses reasons behind why patients may want or need a porcelain veneer treatment, the design methods, the patient benefits and the procedure.
The reason why
Although considered a cosmetic procedure, porcelain veneers can also be used as a restorative treatment – used to revive the smile to its previous condition or to transform the smile to a fuller, whiter look.
Usually patients undergo the veneer treatment if they are unhappy with some or one of the following things:
- The teeth are naturally short, long or out of shape
- Because of an issue with clenching, grinding or some other cause creating wear, the teeth are damaged
- Chips or cracks are apparent
- Enamel is stained, eroded or discoloured
- Teeth are misaligned or have noticeable gaps
- You just want better looking and brighter teeth
- In some cases, could be used as an alternative to orthodontic treatment
By way of exceptional advances in dental technological equipment, porcelain veneers provide a replica of natural tooth enamel; designed specifically to suit the patient’s desires. Veneers are fabricated using thin tooth-like shells of porcelain and are precisely colour-matched and cut to fit over each individual tooth.
– Porcelain veneers are very carefully bonded to the tooth, offering a stain resistant alternative to natural tooth enamel.
– They enhance your natural facial shape, creating a fuller, brighter smile.
– Long lasting and fixed to the teeth.
Although the benefits are great, it’s important to understand though, that not all treatments are suitable to everyone. During your appointment with Oasis Dental Studio our dental professionals will give you a comprehensive smile assessment and cover all the different avenues you may want to consider for your treatment plan, including any detrimental details about your treatment options and plan.
Listed below is a basic outline of the 3 stages to generally expect during your personal porcelain veneers treatment:
- Our dental practitioner will likely gently remove a layer of the enamel from the tooth or teeth you want to change. This creates enough room for the veneer to be placed without any noticeable overlay or bulking; helping the tooth hold a natural appearance and still have suitable functionality when it comes to eating and speaking.
- After that procedure your dental practitioner will likely organise a second appointment. During this time, you may consider having temporary replacements to avoid sensitivity and appearance issues.
- Your Oasis dental professional during the second sitting will carefully bond the shell in place, creating the ultimate and flawless smile!
After the procedure, our dentist will explain that caring for your veneers is as easy as brushing twice and flossing daily and will probably recommend a fluoride based toothpaste.
Your pearly whites are ready for the spot light! Our fantastic team will book a follow-up appointment just to make sure you’re faring well and finally we’ll let you know the importance of regular 6 month check-ups. This will help us spot any underlying issues with your overall general health and give us the chance to proactively strike down any future problems before they affect your smile.
Get a head-start in the industry of your choice now with porcelain veneers! Here at Oasis Dental Studio in Broadbeach, we want to make sure that each and every patient is completely satisfied with their smile. To find out more about our cosmetic treatments or to book an appointment contact us on 07 5526 8722, or click here today.