Bharat grew up in Melbourne but has called the sunny Gold Coast home for over 14 years now.
He is truly passionate about the “Art” of Dentistry and has completed his Masters in Aesthetic Dentistry with Distinction (MSc AesDent) through the prestigious King’s College in London alongside a Post Graduate Diploma in the Management of Advanced Aesthetic and Restorative Dentistry through the ‘Academy of Dental Excellence’.
His MSc dissertation looked at the effectiveness and longevity of dentist prescribed whitening techniques. He has presented at various conferences overseas and throughout Australia on Aesthetic/Cosmetic Dentistry, Composite Resin Dentistry, and teaches for Invisalign®. He has had a case report selected for publication by Invisalign® as a clinical white paper which was also later accepted into the Invisalign® Global Gallery. He is a key opinion leader for various dental manufacturers, providing his feedback and assisting in the evaluation of new products. His philosophy is that of comprehensive dentistry, assessing and providing you with all your options, in order for you to make an informed choice when it comes to achieving your dental goals.
He is passionate about all things dentistry and has spent numerous hours attending and teaching at further education courses, mentoring recent graduates and students, as well as researching and implementing contemporary techniques in all aspects of general dentistry. Bharat excelled as a dental student, being awarded the following final year prizes: Australian Society of Orthodontics prize for Orthodontics and also the prize for Endodontics (Root Canal Treatment).
Bharat is a past President of the Australian Dental Association Gold Coast sub-branch and is a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. When not in the surgery, Bharat is a budding amateur photographer and loves hanging out with his beautiful wife and French bulldog, Hugo! Dentistry has allowed him to combine his strong passion for the health sciences and art in order to provide dental solutions that are both functional and beautiful. He understands that most patients may be apprehensive about dental treatment and is dedicated to providing pain-free dentistry in a relaxed and comfortable environment. He is committed to giving you that healthy, beautiful smile you have always wanted using the most up to date techniques and materials available.
Dr Bharat’s Teaching/Lecturing Engagements:
2019 – Appearances
- Invisalign® Master Class (Melbourne & Perth) | The Aligner Restorative Interface
- Invisalign® Webinar (Asia Pacific) | The Aligner Restorative Interface 2 Part
- Academy of Dental Excellence (Yorkshire & Malaysia) | Digital Communication and Aesthetic Planning
- Publication in Dental Excellence section | Australian Dental Practice Magazine: ‘Natural Aesthetics in the Young Patient’
- Anointed faculty member | Academy of Dental Excellence
- Tony Rotondo Snr Memorial Conference (Townsville) | Ethical Aesthetics
- NDC Key Note Speaker & Master Class (Gold Coast) | Direct Composite Aesthetics
- Tokuyama Key Opinion Leader Meeting (Tokyo, Japan)
- BXY Stratum Composite Hands On & Ethical Aesthetics (Hanoi, Vietnam) | Ultradent Key Opinion Leader Meeting
- BXY Stratum (Sydney & Brisbane) | Topic: Composite Hands on Workshop
- Invisalign® Go (Sydney/Brisbane/Melbourne) | Topic: Accreditation Course
- Australian Dental Association Congress (Adelaide) | Topic: Invisalign® Restorative Interface
- Encompass Symposium (Sydney) | Topic: Composite Hands-On Workshop
- Invisalign® Go Webinar | Topic: Invisalign® Go Restorative Sequencing
2018 – Appearances
- Kings Aesthetics Masters (London, UK) | Guest Lecturer/ Topic: Design Align Build
- Young Dental Conference (Melbourne) | Topic: Minimally Invasive Aesthetics for the Young Dentist
- Invisalign® GP Master Class (Brisbane) | Topic: Invisalign® Restorative and Digital Scanners
- Invisalign® Webinar | Topic: Invisalign® Restorative Considerations
- Clear Smiles CPD Event (Gold Coast) | Topic: Minimally Invasive Aesthetics
- NDSC Study Club (Melbourne) | Topic: Assessment to Aesthetics
- BXY Stratum (Sydney) | Topic: Composite Hands On Workshop
- TAAAD Sydney Uni Graduates Event (Sydney) | Topic: Assessment to Aesthetics
- Invisalign® GO (Melbourne) | Topic: Accreditation Course
- Invisalign® Clinical White Paper Publication | Title:
- Invisalign® Bleach Bond Botox
- Henry Schein Hallas Catalogue | Title: GC GUI/Essentia Universal Composite Case
- Ultradent Catalogue Clinical Case Report | Title: Microabrasion using Opalustre
2017 – Appearances
- NGD Study Club (Sydney) | Topic: Design Align Build
- Aesthetic & Restorative Master Class (London, UK) | Topic: Guest Lecturer: Design Align Build
- Aestheticon (Sydney) | Topic: Whitening Workshop Convenor
Get to know Bharat!
The exact moment/reason that I decided I wanted to become a dentist…
This has been a long time coming for me! When I was in Year 10 at high school, we did work experience and I was lucky enough to have a friend whose dad was a dentist, so I thought I’d go along and see what it was all about. It was amazing to be able to see what he was doing for his patients and how artistic his work was, the influence and the impact he was having on his patients’ lives. Combined with the ability to help patients get out of pain and give them a better quality of life, there was no better way for me to utilise my mind, my hands and put everything together. I love dentistry for that reason and that hasn’t ever changed which is really exciting!
What I love most about my job…
I love the ability to be able to create things with my hands, with my eyes, and be able to do it in a way that helps our patients not only feel better about themselves, but also have improved long-term health outcomes, also being able to eat better, chew better, and smile better.
My favourite type of treatment…
Anyone who knows me knows I love aesthetic dentistry, especially what is called “minimally invasive dentistry”. This involves helping patients get the end result that they’re really happy and confident about, whilst doing the least amount of dentistry possible. This means not destroying the existing tooth, providing solutions that not only look good but are going to function well long-term, which I’m really passionate about.
If I wasn’t a dentist, I would be…
A photographer probably or some sort of graphic designer, as I love creating things. If I wasn’t creating smiles and teeth, that’s probably what I’d be doing, as I love taking photos of teeth. Many of my patients may only recognise half my face, because I usually either have my mask on or I’m behind the camera!
My favourite thing to do on the Gold Coast in my spare time…
I love going for walks with my dog, Hugo. There’s no better backdrop for doing that than the Gold Coast!
Invisalign and the Invisalign logo, among others, are trademarks of Align Technology, Inc., and are registered in the U.S. and other countries.